up to $2,500 to spend............

At crossroads....need input...

Lets say....if one has a budget of $2,500 to spend. Thinking of other digital playback options besides SACD or CD Player route.

Though not a newbie...I am not tech inclined and prefer a system that is simple. I have all the cabling neccessary for dedicated cdps...ie...rca interconnects...a nice powercord. Don't need super convenience of accessing music/songs at a mere touch of the Ipad etc etc. I really am ok with getting up to change Cds (remote a must though). I am fine with just sacd or cd (95 percent of my collection is redbook cd)...having to do without  spotify or tidal is fine...at least for next 5 years. 

I am after a certain SQ though. Rich and full bodied sound...I listen to jazz vocal and acoustic instrumental almost exclusively. Smooth non etched top end. Detail is nice but I am ok with sacrificing some detail for an overall smooth non fatiguing listening experience.

Am I able to get into other options in digital playback with the above budget or should I stick with the good olde SACD/CD player?

Thanks!

pc123v
skvinson - fwiw, I run a Gungnir that has NO USB input.  Am using a double headed USB cable to separate power and signal going from MacBook Air to a V-Link 192; then from the 192's RCA out via digital coax cable to the SPDIF in on the Gungnir.  There was a V-Link (predecessor to the 192) for sale on A'gon for $110.  That unit also has optical out which the 192 does not.  OR you can consider a Gustard U12 USB/SPDIF converter.  There had been a good deal of discussion about the Gustard on Head-Fi with some reporting it to be better than the V-Link 192.  Hope that helps.  Good luck.  
Thanks for the reply ghosthouse... How does a "double headed USB cable" work? ... I will check out the Gustard unit. Thanks!
Another question... I can go optical out from my MacBook, and then into the Bifrost. But, I hear that optical has the most jitter. ... Taking the USB out to a USB/SPDIF converter does nothing to lower jitter, does it? I don't want to have to go from USB out of my Mac to Recover to USB/SPDIF converter to Bifrost. ... Help please...
SK - I use "double headed USB cable" to describe a USB cable with 2 A terminated leads joined at a common B terminal.  One A terminal plugs into the computer.  The other A terminal plugs into a power supply like an iPhone 5V USB charger or powered USB hub etc.  This separates signal and power reducing power/noise contamination of the audio signal...or so I think I've read. The B terminal plugs into the USB/SPDIF converter.  

Don't recall details of the merits of a USB/SPDIF converter relative to jitter reduction.  I do know when I first used a V-Link (the original, not the 192) with a V-DAC the improvement was noticeable and significant. That was quite a few years ago and DAC technology in audio has improved a lot since then.  A USB/SPDIF converter might not now be as critical with newer USB-equipped DACs.  Here's a link to a 2013 article, "When to use a USB/SPDIF converter".  Hope it is helpful. http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2013/07/when-should-you-use-an-external-usb-spdif-converter/