Uneven speaker wire runs

My equipment sits to the far right side of my home theater setup. I need at least a 21 ft. run to the left speaker and the right would only need about 10 ft. Does it matter if the L & R main speaker runs are different lengths or should I try to keep them the same ?
gfloyd757

Showing 2 responses by gfloyd757

I am thinking of buying ViaBlue SC4 cables. The reason I asked is that they can be ordered in various lengths hence the question about whether I should keep the mains the same. Never really thought about it before but I am setting up my system in a new house. Nautilus 802 driven by Lexicon 2x250 amp, Lexicon DC-1 processor.I plan to upgrade to Lexicon MC-8 or MC-12 and Bryston 6B SST. Reference:
http://www.oregondv.com/Viablue_SC-4_Biwire_Speaker_Cable.htm
Thanks for the input. I remeasured and can get by with an 18 ft. run so I decided keep the L/R mains the same. I found a chart on the Revel speaker website and this length should be fine with 11 AWG wire. Their chart gives a max length for each size wire to maintain a loop resistance of .07 ohms or less. My B&W owners manual recommends a max cable impedence of .1 ohms so I should be well within these parameters.
I can't find much info on the wire I am going to use (ViaBlue SC-4) but I was looking for a wire that addresses both high and low frequency issues for a bi-wire configuration. According to what info I have found this silver/copper hybrid should work well for my home theater setup. I also found a website that will give me a very great deal on the wire.