Tweaking and Moding my Nad AMP

Hi guys. First post. K I have a Nad 2150 power amp, 50+50 for those interested. Anyway its early to mid 80s. I want to tweak it a bit. Heres what I already have planned. Replace the inputs with Gold rca's. Replace the outputs with gold binding posts(currently spring clips) That shouldn't be too hard and will give me better connections. I also want to put a pass through for going to my Sub as my pre amp doesn't have a sub out. Can someone recommend how I should wire that? I was just going to split the input bettween the input to the internals and to a set of rca's going out. Also I was going to clean the power and speaker select switches with contact cleaner. Oh yeah a new gold Head phone plug too. hehe Some of the more far out stuff I was thinking was. Replace all the wires that come from the board > to speaker switches > to binding posts with new stuff. And better stuff. Sound like a good idea? Same with all the input wires but i was thinking of using that sheilded stuff 2 inside conductors with a grounded sheild. I figured that could only be better then unsheilded. Sound good? If not why? Then if I really felt like going crazy I was thinking of maybe changing some componets with higher quality stuff. I was mostly thinking Caps. The power supply caps and main caps. Can you put in slightly larger ones? BTW. I know my way around electronics and Soldering irons. So thats not a problem. Also I'm underemployed so don't tell me to buy another amp. I'm not expecting a huge difference in sound. Its more for the fun of a little project. Not that I can see any of this screwing the amp up.(besides modeing the caps) Its still not a huge deal if I do. It was under 200 Canadian when I bought it a couple years ago. I'm quite happy with it. I just figure it needs some TLC and i'm bored. Thanks for any help. Maybe there is a Moding forum or Mailing list you guys know about?
vergesc4359

Showing 1 response by vergesc4359