Turntable in $2500-3500 range for SME IV.Vi arm ?

After four years of being unable to enjoy my component system because of moving and storage, it finally looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have an older VPI table with stand alone motor--the IV upgrade. I like my SME IV.Vi tonearm very much, but am considering going to a new table, however, I don't want to spend more than about $3500. I've seen references to VPI's Black Knight and the Teres 255, and notice that Galibier is soon to be coming out with a $2500 design. Any experience with these or other comparable tables making a good match with the SME IV.Vi arm ? My other components include a new Cortese preamp, modified Air Tight ATM-3 monoblocks and two pairs of speakers: the Dunlavy SC-IV and a wonderful ribbon/Dynaudio driver hybrid system created by a brilliant friend. Finally, as of 4-5 years ago I was temporarily using a Grado Sonata cartridge (low output version). I anticipate upgrading to a moving coil, but have not yet decided on which one. Thanks kindly for your suggestions.
opus88

Showing 1 response by jfrech

Why not a SME 10 Table? It's killer with that arm. Occasionally you'll see a SME 20/2 armless for about 5k. If you could stretch then your pretty much set for life !