Tube for CAT Mk3

I,m planing to retube my CAT Mk3, Does anyone had experience which 6922 are best? Pls Comments
ernest

Showing 1 response by superclamp040b

CAT owners beware... Please note that when using different equivalent as for the 6922 at position V6 and V7, you are in risk of blowing a couple of fets. this has happened more than once in my CAT,[recently MK 3 upgraded] so as i read about a guy who throws in 20 [!] different brands/equivalents and thinks everything is workin'fine....it sure get's my heart rate up. You may do this searchin'and trying just to get a 'sound' but the CAT has a specific design around the V6 V7 6922, and so uses very closely matched Sovtek reflector series. this is recommended by the factory, and for reason. If you are able to get amperex or siemens or whatever NOS thats ok, but you are indeed one in a million lucky guy who still can come up with a pair which are up to spec's for use at V6 V7 DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARNED YOU... if in doubt call Ken Stevens [CAT] or Kevin Deal from upscale audio. Happy CAT owner for 7 yrs, wouldn't trade it for any other Enjoy. Ron [the netherlands]