TT for OL Silver/ Shelter 501

I am thinking of getting an OL silver tonearm and Shelter 501 cartridge. From what I've read the price/performance of these is hard to beat. Now I have to consider a TT. I'm considering maybe a Final Tool, Teres, or even a Scout and have the OL arm mounted on it as a cheaper alternative if this is possible. I was wondering how much an impact on sound quality the choice of TT will have in relation to the impact of the arm/cartridge and if anyone has any thoughts on the Scout/OL/Shelter combination.Thanks.
bobbob

Showing 1 response by rockinroni

Tom wanted to say get the Teres, silver, and the 501.
He is right about the cardinal rules of analog, as he puts it. Save your money and do it right the first time. You will be money ahead and have no regrets.

but some dumb ass named Inna told him, (Twl) last week to "stop promoting what you have,will you. We know your opinion;if you could sometimes just be quiet and listen to others".

Maybe I am one of the others, if you are like me and A little strapped for cash, the new Origin Live Aurora is a good choice. That is the Table I just purchased with the Silver arm and the shelter 501 MKII. Yes I am promoting the table I have. Inna do you think it would be good advice to tell Bobbob to buy something I wouldn't, or would you suggest I tell Bobbob to consider a turntable I own, know it sounds great, and probably one of the best values out there now,(besides the Teres of course).

Bobbob continue to research your new purchase. This thread is a good idea . If not for Audiogon the only products some of us would know about, would be those manufactures with big advertising accounts, that can get a good review in the few HI FI rags out there.

Since I found audiogon, I don't read my Stereophile and Absolute sound cover to cover, over and over like I have been doing for the last 30 years. This is such a cool place.

Ron