Totem The One vs. Usher "Tiny Dancer" Be 718

I'd like to hear only from people who have heard both. Excluding bass, which speaker has a more true midrange and does a better job of capturing the shimmer of cymbals? Also, I assume that the Usher has greater dynamics, but is the Totem deficient in this area? I know there are many fine speakers in this category, but I'd like to limit this discussion only to these two. Thanks.
128x1289rw

Showing 1 response by audiooracle

You guys are hysterical! I was at CES and the two setups were night and day. Usher is represented by the Tracht brothers who are not really uber audiophiles, while Vincee Bruzne and Totem are set up masters.

The Be 718 were in a gigantic, untreated, room and being driven by Usher amps, preamps and cd players which are all inexpensive components,which may or may not be great I have never evaluated them, I think the CD player is around $1,000.00.

The ones were very impressive, however, they were in a small room, setup with great equipment and cost 30% more.

You can't really judge anything at CES. The only purpose of CES is to get a quick evaluation and perhaps take the product to the next level by listening in your own setups.

The Tiny Dancer has won numerous awards and offer great performance for the money. The only way to know which one is better is to hear both speakers side by side.

I am an Usher dealer and I have looked at Totem many times. Totem makes an excellent speaker which has its strengths and weaknesses just like any other product, but as I mentioned, it is all in the setup.