Totem model 1 with svs sb13 ultra or Forest

Hi,

This is my first post on audiogon. I currently own a pair of totem model 1's (original not sig). I really like them but would like some more bass. I'm considering a couple of options. I'm thinking I could buy an SVS sb13 ultra (cost 1600) or I'm thinking I could sell the model 1's and get a used pair of totem forests (net cost after selling model 1's 1000). If I do this, I would really like to avoid buying a different amp. I currently have a Parasound 2250 which has more than enough current to drive the model 1's.

I live in a medium sized apartment but eventually (three years from now) will move to a larger place. My setup is in my living room which is 14 ft long and 12 ft wide. I listen to everything from country and indie to electronica and hip hop.

Thanks,
Zach
zhorne
Thanks for your replies. If I went the mani route, would the parasound 2250 have enough current to drive the mani 2's?
My room is very close in size and I've never been able to properly integrate a sub for 2 channel listening. The best bass has always come out of larger speakers for me ie floorstanders/large monitors.
Thanks for your reply michael. Do you have any recommendations for large monitors that can reach down around 30 hz? I'm looking at the mani 2's because I really like the sound of the model 1's. Any other recommendations?
Would the parasound 2250 have enough current to drive the mani 2's?
To the extent that the answer is predictable based on specs, I would expect it to be "yes."

The amplifier is specified as being able, with both channels driven, to continuously deliver 250 watts into 8 ohms, 385 watts into 4 ohms, and 250 watts into 2 ohms. That seems more than sufficient for a speaker recommended by its manufacturer for use with amplifiers providing up to 200 watts, that is described as having an impedance of "4 ohms mainly resistive," and that has a minimum measured impedance of 3.5 ohms.

The 45 ampere current capability that is quoted in the amplifier's specifications, btw, is pretty much meaningless, as are most such specs on amplifier current capability. 45 amps into 3.5 ohms would correspond to more than 7000 watts. Amplifier specs on maximum current capability are generally based on how much current can be delivered into a near dead short, for some unspecified miniscule amount of time, and it is therefore generally best to ignore them.

Regards,
-- Al
Thanks Al. That's very helpful. I would rather not have to buy another power amp if I switch speakers (for money and sanity reasons).