Took my Levinson amp in for repair

It had some noise in the left channel the deal called today stating they pretty much blew it up and I need come pick it up
Is there anything I can do about this?
128x128abruce

Showing 2 responses by renjy651

Abruce

You took your Levinson 332 with hum to repair shop. No repair shop can repair your levinson with out the four 50000uF/125V caps and 1900uF/150V regulator caps. These caps are custom made that is why Levison charges over $2K.
Any lower value caps used the amp will blow up. There is a Levinson 332 on audiogon now. The cap replacement was done by me using Cornell caps. Only Cornell Dubilier and United Chemicon makes these caps.
There is no case here. It is a well known fact when the Levinson 332 started humming. The reason China made junk Philips caps going bad and leaking on 332 you are not suppose to use the amp. You can read the post on Audiogon (WHY IS THE MARKET FOR USED LEVINSON AMPS SO SLOW)
The Levinson 332 started humming on one channel on 5/24/12.
The only way to repair this amp is to replace the four 50000uF/125V with 150V surge filter caps with new Cornell or United caps. Also replace the four 1900uF/150V regulator caps with 1900uF/250V caps. These caps are custom made by UCC and Cornell.

If this will not turn the amp on you have to replace the three surge resistors on soft slow start VSMB board. also few other small caps. With out the four filter and regulator caps it cannot be repaired.