Threshold S300 Power Amp

QUESTION PLEASE:

Who might be using this amplifier in their 2 channel audio system? What do you like about this amp? And please share speaker cables and interconnects that work well with this amp. I have recently purchased this amp used and would also like to learn anything else I might need to know to take great care of this unit. Finally, where would I get a manual? Thank you so much for your responses.
rbwinterlink

Showing 3 responses by rbwinterlink

I want to thank each of you and I value your great input. I am elated you would take the time to respond so quickly. Also I will investigate Audio Research and a few other pre-amps to see what works. Thank you all.
Good afternoon everyone. The Threshold S/300 is holding up very well. I have not had a moments trouble. Also, there are no turn on or turn off thumps or other problems. So far, I am very happe with this powerful amp. Thanks all, I will be back with further details.

Bob
Thank you all for taking the time to comment here. This is awesome information especially regarding speaker and interconnect cables. Thank you and thank you very much all. I will welcome any other comments as well.

I will be using the S300 to drive Magnapan 1.6 speakers. I will now be looking for a pre-amp to support the S300. I will need a pre-amp that can accomodate 2 reel to reel tape decks to include a Tascam 32-2B and Technic 1506. From time to time I will also use the Otari MTR-15.I will of course listen to music via a turntable and CD player.

My primary listening pleasure is classical and jazz music to include large and small scale choral works, big band and small group jazz. I love the human voice.

While I can't afford to purchase new audio stuff I am trying to put together the best system I can afford at this present time. With the great assistance I am getting from you guys I can't go wrong putting together a wonderful music system that will satisfy me into the future. Thanks again.