Threshold Coda Phono Stage Toggle DIP Switches

For Threshold Coda Phono Stage owners there are Toggle DIP Switches which turn out to be more complicated than meets the eye. I need some help with interpreting them. The manual does not go into detail.

Pico Farads I now understand that default is 50, and rather than toggle the 50, 100, 200 and 1000 for those particular values, it turns out that that is not how it is intended. Those 4 values are values you ADD to 50 pF to get the desired pico farads. so start with 50, add 50 switch yields 100 pico farads altogether.

but the 4 impedance switches have me stumped. how do we interpret 22 ohms, 47 ohms, 100 ohms and 1000 ohms toggle DIP switches with a default setting of 47 K (and notice it says 47 ohms on the switch, not 47K) :) HELP !!!
bluelight988

Showing 2 responses by bluelight988

Hi Al,
thanks for responding. I feel that the manual should go into detail for anyone who has not used these switches before. I do not really understand your explanation, so lets take your first example.

"With the 22 switch on, you would have 22 ohms in parallel with 47 K, which is 22 ohms to a very close approximation."

Could you please let us know what this statement means and also how it may relate to the math formula ? in other words, are you saying that with the 22 ohms switch on that it over rides the 47 k and just becomes 22 ohms (and not 22 K)? I am really confused. But I have confidence you can help us understand. and the "to a very close approximation" phrase is also confusing to me as to what this phrase really means.

Thanks Al,
Now I can re-calculate and you have helped me to be able to do that! Thanks loads,
Ted