Thoughts on 845 set monoblocks

Your preference and why.
seadogs1

Showing 4 responses by goldeneraguy

213 cobra , thank you for your thoughts on 845 amps.I'm sure your Audion Black Knight is a gem and worthy for placement in any system using a 845 tube.I have not heard this amp so I have no way to compare it to my deHavilland.
I can say that although my Aries 845G will never win a beauty contest just happens to be the best sounding amp I have had the pleasure of owning.Of course this is in my system which plays to my bias' The price of the Aries has risen considerably as every thing else but it is still much less then the new Sophia amp and I believe the Audion as well. Aries has stood the test of time and continues to have the wonderful backing of Kara.
Enjoy your system
Ed
Phil,I re-read your posts and feel I should try to find a dealer for an audition.I just emailed the listed distributor
and await his reply.
Keep you posted.
Enjoy
Ed
Glai,I listened to the ASL amps prior to my purchase of the deHaviillands.I much preferred the amps I bought but that is only my opinion.Others may disagree.
As for the Cary ...Goldprintaudio,a dealer posted above that two Audion amps are the best he has heard and he is also a Cary dealer.
On 2/6 I emailed the distributor for dealer info but have not heard anything yet.
I looked at your fantastic system and in the future when anyone asks me about Room Treatment I am going to refer them to your excellent post.
very well done

If $$$ is not a problem then you should definitely look into the Viva amps as Charlesdad1 and Phaelon suggest.
I heard them driving large Sonus Faber speakers and the sound was very enjoyable or should I say VERY ENJOYABLE !!
I have deHavilland 845 amps.
Great sound and a joy to use.
Best of luck in your decision