Theatermaster 8800 Speaker Configuration Question.

I could use some help with speaker configuration. I just upgraded from the EAD Ovation-8 (with Theatermaster 8000 pro software) to the EAD Theatermaster 8800 pro.

My room is configured as follows:

2 Martin Logan CLS IIz's with 2 Vandersteen 2WQ's up front

Martin Logan Theater Center Channel

2 Martin Logan Script surround speakers....directly left and right from the listening position

Radia LCR speaker in the rear center.

Velodyne HGS 15 for LFE

The 8000pro had a configuration setup for 5.1 with an speaker in rear center (called ES by EAD). Because there was no decent way to put two speakers on the L and R in the rear.....I opted for the 5.1 setup with a single center rear.

The 8800pro has a choice between a 5.1 configuration or a 7.1 configuration. There is no 6.1 or 5.1 + ES configuration.

I've been considering either running a classical 5.1 setup and forgetting the rear.....or alternatively, I could run the processor output for the L REAR and R REAR together to the single rear center speaker. Would this mess things up? Would it be preferable to have no rear at all? Are discrete sounds channeled to the L rear and R rear by the processor...or are they largely the same??

I'd appreciate any input.
hbrandt
You can get a eprom chip upgrade for your ovation 8 from EAD. It basically brings your Ovation up to the same performance as the Theatermaster 8000 pro and costs 20 or 30 dollars.
What is the pro software you spoke of ? I own an EAD ovation-8 and was curious.Sorry I don't have an answer for your post.