The best sounding FM Tuner is.....

OK Magnum Dynalab, Fanfare, Day Sequerra, etc. owners...I have no "high end" dealer in my area that carries a great tuner. I probably will not have the chance to listen to or 'a/b' compare a tuner before I decide to purchase. I'm asking anyone with comparison experience or anyone that feels that the own the best to respond in this discussion. Thanks, I look forward to reading your responses!
jaguar
Find yourself a Marantz, from the late 60's to early or mid 70's, and you will be extremely satisfied - if you are concerned with sound quality. If it's new features that you want, obviously this wouldn't do. Good luck and enjoy whatever that you end up with!
I own a Fanfare Ft-1. The presentation, soundstaging & tonal balance is near or the same as most of high end cd reproductions sytems given the right signal. With poor signal or crap quality broadcasts it fares no better than less expensive tuners. It is worth spending the money if you listen to a classical or jazz station with quality broadcast signal. Save your money if you only listen to commercial rock & rap stations.
My vote is also for the Fanfare FT-1, as it is (relatively) sanely priced for the CD quality performance it is capable of, with a high quality signal source. I am amazed every day by the music it makes in my home. It has balanced (XLR) out- puts as well, and if you can take advantage of these in your system, the silent background gives an even greater impress- ion of "live". As noted, the depth,soundstaging, etc. are all first rate.
I AM PUTTING MY VOTE IN FOR THE OLDER YAMAHA TUNERS, T85, T80, THEY REALLY LIVE UP TO WHAT THEY SAY ON THE FRONT, "NATURAL SOUND" I NEVER LISTENED TO FM BEFORE MY T85 TUNER BECAUSE IT WAS "JUST RADIO" NOW I CAN TELL WHERE THE DRUMMER HITS THE HIGH HAT AND HOW HARD BY THE DECAY OF THE SOUND. AN OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA REALLYYYYYYYY HELPS.
I own both a Yamaha T-2 FM tuner circa 1978 (bought new for $800.) and a Denon TU-800 AM/FM tuner circa 1989 bought used for 200.(originally sold for 500.-600.). Both these tuners are very sensitive and are available on the used market for reasonable money. The Yamaha is the better of the two. They both have the tube like sound. In fact, I bought the Denon to replace a McIntosh MR-67 tube tuner. The Denon was an A Class tuner according to Stereophile in the late 80s.It is a good tuner but it is not the McIntosh. It doesn't even come close. I have never heard a better sounding tuner than the MR-67.