T+A elektroakustik HV Series Components

T+A stands for Theory and Application.

I'm keeping this broad and open to T+A's HV Series components (HV = High Voltage),

Which (currently) includes two integrated amplifiers, two multi-source players, preamplifier, amplifier, power supply, and SACD/CDP/DAC.

Creating this thread for owners to share their impressions, findings, thoughts, experiences, and questions about their HV components. Comparisons to other T+A Series products are also welcome.
david_ten
@audiotroy   Reposting since you may have missed my query from a month ago...

@audiotroy  In your opinion, what would be the top five speaker pairings for the T+A PA 3100 HV?

I'm leaving this very open ended to get a feel for what pairings you find ideal, for reference purposes. They can of course be lines you carry and perhaps some you do not. Thank you.

Sorry David,

That will be a tough question, we have used the T+A gear with fantastic results on:

1: Polymer Audio Research MKXs a $68k Diamond Tweeter and midrange all metal enclousure speaker

2: Paradigm Persona 9H

3: Kef Blades

4: Kharama

5: Big Genesis panels

6: We have not tested on Magico, or Wilson although both of those should be great.

The combination of slightly liquid midrange, great bass control, huge soundstage all leads to sounding great with most high end loudspeakers.

If a speaker is a bit on the dull side that may not be the best match because the T+A gear does tend to sound a bit warm, although choice of dac and cabling can compensate.

Hope that helps.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

@audiotroy   Very helpful. I need to sort out next steps and will reach out to you in person. This might take some time.

I'll look into all of the options you've presented.

Thank you.
Dear David Ten, thanks for posting the review.

We are currently breaking in that exact piece.

Will  post a full review once we get 300 hours on it. so far it is pretty spectacular and the feature set is off the charts.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ T+A dealers