Systemdek IIX possible upgrades help needed.

Hi! I have a Systemdek llX table with a Alphonson Opal tonearm pair with a Rega Exact Cartridge. I was planning on buying a new table to upgrade but after much research found I proably wouldnt get much more performance in the table upgrade I could afford which was in the 1200 hundred dollar range. With that said in which direction would I stand to get the most performance in a upgrade. The table has the glass platter & a felt pad with no clamp. Should I upgrade the cartridge & matt? If so what is a good match for the Opal arm? The way I understand it the Opal is a very fine tone arm. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Deanna
deanna4242

Showing 1 response by deanna4242

Hi! Thank you very much for all the response & info. It was very appreciated. I have decided to upgrade the Systemdek. I have found a Rega RB250 upgraded via Origin Live. The Lexan platter I'll get right from audio note. I have also found a used Goldring 1024. The Goldring has about 300 hrs of use. A question on the Goldring is 300 hrs of use alot in stylus life? For those who wanted to know my phono stage, its a MM only that was a upgrade to my Linn Wakonda preamp. Again, Thanks to everyone for the help and a super big thanks to Mark. Super big thanks as I'm taking Marks advise on this table.

Cheers Deanna