Sunfire Sunfire Signature Series II

I would like some feedback on the above amplifier...I'm thinking about up-grading to this unit and would like to know if anyone has previous experience with it. I'm looking for a wider soundstage presence when listening to music. My system includes top of the line Def.Tech. BP3000TL's, currently powered by a Bryston 4B-ST, a Meridian 565 processor, a Meridian 586 DVD/CD, all my inter-connects are Acoustic Zen, Reference for the two channel, and Satori for speaker wire. For some reason I'm not getting the full soundstage that I thought I would with the Bryston, its seems to be holding back, nothing forward toward the listener, otherwise I'm very satisfied with it. But being one of those audiophile nuts, I'm looking to squeeze the last ounce of detail and soundstage out of my system. Other suggestions on 2Ch. amplifiers would greatly be appreciated, or if one feels a 5Ch. Amplifier would do the trick please mention that also. I would like to keep the price under $5,000 (new) on the amp purchase. I thank all of you who help me in advance and keep on listening !
lpan2000

Showing 1 response by lpan2000

I appreciate your response given the fact that you already owned a pair of Def.Tech.'s..I too had the BP2000's and up-graded to the 3000's, always thinking an upgrade will make all things better. Such as you know is not the case with my dilema. One poing that I think you contradicted yourself is:
"I've tinkered with the Def Tech's with using absorbtion for the front wall reflection points, and the results weren't as good as "reflection" or "diffusion" up front!" You said the same as up front twice, so which part do you mean ? I've been told that rear firing speakers don't play music as well as front firing (B&W's) so I've also put my Def.Tech.'s up for sale as I'm leaning more into music now. Please work with me here and clear up your paragraph above because I think you know my problem. Thanks again ! Larry