Streaming for beginner

I have a PS Audio front end-- DMP disc player and DirectSteam DAC. Very happy with the resolution and performance, especially from my redbook cd collection. For those familiar with the DSD, it is upgradable via a network bridge card to become a dedicated streamer. When I bought this DAC, I was looking ahead to an eventual migration to streaming.
I also have a Spotify account, that currently only serves me as a companion to my iPhone during walks and exercise.

My question: assume my goal is to stream for convenience, simplicity, and achieve audio quality that equals or surpasses that of redbook cd’s. I am not looking to purchase music or download it for storage. What am I missing? I also have a dedicated iPad that can serve as the interface to the DAC/Streamer. Spotify also claims that streaming in high resolution is available on my account. Do I need anything else? Am I oversimplifying this?

I am a beginner when it comes to streaming, so please answer in simple terms since I will not be familiar with a lot of the services and components mentioned elsewhere in these forums. In fact, confusing enough for me that it is forcing me to ask here.

mbiondo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-resolution_audio#Controversy

In my own practice, I can not say that HiRes makes a difference to me. They both sound excellent and then I concentrate on the music itself. Psychologically, it makes a difference though and for 'bragging rights' I prefer HiRes -- warm and fuzzy feeling of getting The Best :-)
Hello!!

Spotify premium comes with ROON now>DSD/MQA at CD quality
since July.. via sever/Dac stream.etc. $9.99. for longtime sub.

Tubes444

Is this true? Spotify streaming at redbook quality now? MQA on Spotify?  Can anyone confirm?  I would be shocked (if quite pleased) if this were true...
cleeds—I'm not personally aware of any other evidence of controlled double-blind testing that indicates a statistically valid audible distinction between redbook and higher rez alternatives. That's why I was interested to see your reference, although disappointed with the result.

As previously noted, all prior evidence (from controlled blind testing) had always indicated no statistically valid distinction between redbook and higher rez. And the general consensus is that redbook has only improved in the recent decade, as DACs have progressed.

As for "appreciable", hey, that word isn't a subjective term. It simply implies obvious, or readily capable of being perceived; i.e., hi-rez presents no readily apparent (no "appreciable") advantage. That's what the available evidence indicates. Personal exceptions are inevitable; some might be valid, others might be the outcome preconceived bias.
Hi mbiondo...

Just a reminder for Folks, TIDAL has a military discount for top tier streaming at $11.99USD per month with potential to 24/96 lossless.  Tried Qobuz and Prime...settled on TIDAL.  More Peace, Pin. 
If you have Amazon Prime then Amazon HD music is the way to go for $13.00 a month. I took the HD-Audio Challenge II from Dr Mark Waldrep, and it was hard to differentiate 16/44.1 from 24/96. I was mostly guessing.