Still need help for CD PLAYER .. please

I've had so many different suggestions that i can't do nothing with them..

please LIST HERE all the GOOD to excellent CD PLAYER that can be get for under 500$ USD right now..

so that way i could have a good research list, cause right now i'm lost in the multitude of cd player manufacturers..
that's why i need to know wich to look for and try, and wich not to loose my time on! :)

By the way, i tend to be really picky about sound quality, that's what i think i would be better with a ~1000$ at new value player that could be bought for 500$ or less in used but great conditoin :)

( current system is rather simple consisting of 2 Mirage OM-10 powered by and old ( but warm) AKAI receiver that will be changed for something newer ASAP ..

I don't wanna pay 1000$ for a cdplayer cause all the formats are currently evolving and i don't wanna invest into something that will not be of good use in the near future :)

THANK YOU ALL for your time..

Jin
jinmtvt
Look for a Cal Ikon, Rega Planet 2000, Arcam Alpha 8se or Alpha 9se (this great player is sometimes sold used very cheap 500-700 even though it cost over $1500 new). Otherwise you could get a good new player from Cambridge Audio. there is also a player with a name like Ah! Njobe that upscale audio sells and many people love for the money.
I second the CAL Ikon. Could be had for less than $500 and you could begin saving for an integrated amp.
You will reciever or not hear the diff between a good or bad cd player.The Ah is a good choice.
S2k_dude : this receiver is temp as i didn't have anything else better sounding :p
ehhe
it'll be replace soon with something like a small classe amp or a simiplar cost tube amp ..i want a still decent cd player cause i'll see a diff when i'll upgrade amp that's for sure!

Between S2k : ?? honda S2k ? nice car if that's reason ur nick :) hehe , me got lude 2k :)
do you race it ?

thanks for the input guys :)
i drive an '01 s2000 (silver/red)...and i race it pretty often: autox, prosolo, & track (road course). 5G preludes are sweet too.

sorry i can't be help with cd players (i have a 508.24). good luck.