Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast

Showing 1 response by becket

I suggest you consider the Revel Ultima Salon 2. I have had them for about 1 year and am delighted with their sonic reproduction, which I think is about as uncolored and true as can be achieved. Although the list price is a little about the $20.000.00 limit they can be purchased for less than list. At least give them a try before making a final decision. I listened to a lot of speakers in that price range and, in my opinion, none of them sounded as good as the Salon 2s. By the way, I am not employed by or have any affiliation with Salon...other than my ownership of these great speakers.