SR Fuse Orientation MW Sony 5400

Guys,

I'm going to evaluate the correct orientation when I have some uninterrupted time but do any of you with time player know which direction produced the best sound? Using SR Black fuses now...

Thanks,
Wig
128x128wig

Showing 2 responses by geoffkait

"I don't know about the SR Black, but the SR Red and SR20 are both directional based on the direction of the printed name on the fuse. So, if the print on the fuse is from left-to-right, that is the preferred direction of current coming in from the A/C."

Is that true or is the printed name on the simply a way to keep track of the direction whilst one is trying the fuse both ways. The same way arrows on some other fuses are just indicators of which direction the fuse is currently in, not the direction the fuse should be in.

Synergistic Research actually used to claim their SR-20 fuses were not directional since they were subjected to the Telsa treatment in both directions, which supposedly made them non directional. That is according to a Norm Lutweg review in Stereo Times. Dunno what SR claims in terms of directionality for Red and Black fuses. But to the point, if SR didn’t believe their SR-20 fuses were directional they wouldn’t have paid any attention to the writing or symbols on the fuse, yes? Therefore, the writing or symbols on that particular fuse, at a minimum, is most likely random with respect to directionality.