Spectral SDR-3000

I'm interested in getting a Spectral SDR-3000 transport to pair with my MSB Analog dac.
Has anyone heard this combo before?
Regarding servicing, does Spectral still service this unit these days in case anything happens?
Lastly, do I need to use a MIT coaxial cable? I heard Spectral components are usually paired with MIT to avoid damage but wasn't sure whether that only pertained to their amps and preamps or does that apply to their digital components as well.

Thanks in advance!
jzzmn88

Showing 4 responses by jzzmn88

gpgr4blu, did you receive your Spectral cdp yet? Very curious on your impressions.
Thanks for your comment gpgr4blu and congrats on your purchase! What a fantastic player (from what I read). 
I was able to locate and buy an SDR-3000. Took me a while to find one for sale. Its an SDR-3000SL which apparently has an upgraded power supply. Received the unit yesterday and hooked it up to my system. Sounds fantastic and everything that I imagined it to be. Will be enjoying this for the long haul. There is a huge difference between the Spectral and my old transport, the Sony XA7ES. The Spectral has a much wider soundstage, more separation and greater depth....just fantastic and couldn’t be happier with the purchase. Paired with the MSB Analog dac, it is musical bliss!
Thank you for the info George. I did call Spectral prior to purchasing this unit and they provide servicing for it as well as all their legacy products. That's one reason I went ahead and bought it. Nice to know they support their products no matter how old they are!