Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Possibly my B&W Matrix 802 series 3. Thinking of upgrading to the Nautilus 802, but might consider getting outboard xovers first. I have the stands so not much to push the envelope. Have a Classe DR25 and ARC tube linestage. Im very happy with the sound and have heard the N802, but never thought they were much better. Cant afford the Diamonds yet. 8 yrs with them so far. Anyone know where I can get the outboard Xovers
I have 3 generations of large Martin Logan culminating with Prodigys. My loyalty is to electro statics, the sound of anything else is somewhat turgid by comparison. During my 30 years of ML I have never felt the urge to move Even Maggies cant compete at less than 40Hz. Donald
A Set of Magneplanar Typani IIIA's or IV's. Buy something else, as you prefer, but set aside a listening room for these beauties...and don't give them up until you're really sure.
Dear: Ryllau

That question is the sort of which I would myself ask when we are constantly seeking for the most satisfying audio performance. However, I think, to hang on for life, we should really look for speakers that is more towards the natural ends... I prefer spendor, pro ac and perhaps the liuto (SFBR) clan of speakers. Fancy things like the avantgarde horn will have some downside at somepoint of time because it emphasises only in some strength rather than universality. However, if we are willing to spend for life.. that is another option.. go for kharma or latest B&W as reviewed recently in the TAS.. Happy seeking..Cheers and Merry Christmas
Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures.....IMO still the best bang for the buck. You get waaaaay more speaker than you payed for in the under $2k category. I'm running mine off of a $5k Mac integrated and hve no desire to upgrade any time soon.

Dave