Speakers for Classical Music

Hello everyone,

Recently, I have listened to several speakers from low-end to high-end in order to find the best speakers of classical music. My criteria were sound clarity, sound stage, accuracy and depth. However, I was not able to locate approriate speakers to meet the above criteria. Therefore, I am seeking your advice.

What are the best speakers for classical music?

Thanks in advance.
ddhpark

Showing 1 response by tim777

I listen (more or less only) to classical music and came to the following: if you want to be really satisfied you must spend much money! I have a Genesis II, Wadia 270/27ix and McIntosh MC 1000, no pre. This is quiet expensive but you get back each single dollar in sound stage.
Some details:
1. I never thought of spending this amount of money but once I got into it I get to know that this is the best/only way.
2. By far the best to try out sound stage is to listen to piano. Not loud piano not extremely quiet, just quiet. Get a disc and ever try out with this cd. Take a DDD disk not a ADD. With piano music you hear the limitations of quality much more easy than with other music.
3. It is not true, that you can not hear classical music from cd. But it is true, that the quality of the cd-player is very important. Records have other big problems.
4. With B+W Nautilus I had very bad experience! I listend to the 801 much and in the end I would say they are far below the average in their price-range!
5. Electrostatic are generally a good idea. Some are not good in the bass, as other postings allready mentionend. If this would be a problem it is easy to solve with a sub.
6. Genesis is out of the market in the moment but I still would recommend these speakers.