Speakers: $3,000-$4,000 on Audiogon

I am moving to a larger listening room (21 x 14) and am looking into new speakers - to pressurize the room, as I tell my wife ;). My current speakers, B&W CDM 9NT, have always sounded to bright in my previous listening room and are currently not at the same level as the rest of my system (click on the system link to see the components and cabling). Cardas cables and a McIntosh have somewhat tamed to extra energy in treble region.
I am looking for a well rounded speaker that excels in all the important areas (dynamics, frequency extension, detail, musicality). If I had a preference, I would lean towards a warmer/less analytical sound but not to the point of sacrificing detail.

Some speakers which I've had my eye on off the top of my head:
Dynaudio Contour S 3.4
Magenpan 3.6
Von Schweikert VR-4jr
Focal JM-Lab 946 Electra

Open to other suggestions,

Thanks in advance
AdamG
adamg

Showing 1 response by mrjstark

I tried to ignore this thread untill now.
Some very good recommendations....however statements in regards to Vandersteen Quatro locking detail and lower bass extention need to be clarify.....Owning Quatros for some time now doesn't make me an expert but I have to disagree with that statement. Besides, I have not seen Quatros on sell for less then $4500. Actualy - I have not seen any in the past few months. Would I recommend them if they were in your budget?........maybe. I would only recommended them to someone who is serious about building system around them.
Otherwise why batter.