Speakers 10 years old or older that can compete with todays best,

I attend High End Audio Shows whenever I get a chance.  I also regularly visit several of my local High End Audio parlors, so I get to hear quite a few different speaker brands all the time.  And these speakers are also at various price points. Of course, the new speakers with their current technology sound totally incredible. However, I strongly feel that my beloved Revel Salon 2 speakers, which have been around for over ten years, still sound just as good or even better than the vast majority of the newer speakers that I get a chance to hear or audition in todays market.  And that goes for speakers at, or well above the Salon 2s price point. I feel that my Revel Salon 2 speakers (especially for the money) are so incredibly outstanding compared to the current speaker offerings of today, that I will probably never part with them. Are there others who feel that your beloved older speakers compare favorably with todays, newfangled, shinny-penny, obscenely expensive models?

kennymacc

I bought my KRIX Euphonics when I lived in Denver (OMG was that 30 years ago???). They've outlived a couple amps, if not entire systems. For no particular reason, boredom? acquisition gene? I am speaker shopping. Limited budget means mostly window shopping. But I have peeked into some interesting windows. Every now and again I get nostalgic for my Maggies, and the Advents.... but I get over it eventually. The Euphonics are too big for the second, or third system, maybe I'll keep them around to A-B... peace, out

1977 had DQ10s sounded great to me. Shop in LA had DQ10s and B&W. B&Ws sounded bright until salesman switched to B&Ws which sounded great. I think they were quite pricey compared to DQs.

Next MK satellites/subwoofer - decent sound more wife friendly.

1996 Thiel CS2.2, big improvement, definite improvement.

1998 replace Adcom amp with Bryston 3B, big improvement

Don’t listen much at home but I think it’s a very good system 

My old ears have diminished range, haven’t heard many new speakers. Martin Logan electrostatic were impressive.

1969 Quad esl64s gave me the big

Still love my Altec-Lansing 604-8G' in Model 620a Cabinets, Tannoy Berkely's and Revel Salon I's. They can match anything else I've heard at various Hi-Fi shows.

Japanese musical clubs favor altec_lansing and Tannoy too till today... Perhaps this means something....😉

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/special-report-the-japanese-audio-industry/

Still love my Altec-Lansing 604-8G’ in Model 620a Cabinets, Tannoy Berkely’s and Revel Salon I’s. They can match anything else I’ve heard at various Hi-Fi shows.