Speaker Wire Help

Hi:
I just bought a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8's and I was wondering what type of speaker wire I should use? I am actually very blown away by all the types of wires out there (gold, silver, copper, different gauges). In addition, I would also need suggestions on the types of terminations? The speakers can handle spades and banannas. What is a good length, I do not want to go to short or too long, if that makes any sense. Also, wondering if I should bi-wire? I am running a Harman Kardon AVR520 receiver, which is one of their high end non-thx receivers. I would greatly appreciate and help on this matter and where to buy. I would like to keep the price fairly resonable, less than $150.
Thanks for your help
mmajoril

Showing 1 response by docjr8156

For $150 on 8-10ft lenght of cables, you can look at some "DIY cable " on sale. SignalCable's(Frank) 10 ft single run wire with gold spades will only cost you around $110 and you will be blown away what this cable can do for the money. In my system, this cable bettered known brands like Kimber 4TC and 8TC, Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Monster Z2 and Alpha Cores. It is as good as my Acoustic Zen Satori. Search for SignalCable's site and call Frank and get ready for a rude awakening in the audio cable world.