Speaker upgrade for Primaluna EVO 300 - Looking to find some audio nirvana bliss!

I have a Primaluna EVO 300  with KT120s running into Rega RS5 speakers.  When I use my tube Fosgate phono stage, the system is pretty awesome. ( Warm thick and alive). 

Without the phono stage, the sound is a little thinner, a little less bass, and a little less alive.  I've had my Rega speakers for almost 15 years and am ready to upgrade.  

I listen to rock: REM, Nora Jones, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, etc.  

I have an old  Cayin Spark HA-1A EL84 headphone amp I listen to with Grado PS500e headphones.  That's the sound I want.  Thick and real.  It draws me in.  

My budget is up to $5,000.  I'm good with used.  

I'm dealing with limited space or I probably would've already bought the Klipsch Forte IV speakers.  I need something no more than 12" wide.  I'd prefer small towers, like my current Regas.  

What speakers am I looking for?

randybrinkman

I would stay away from the Lintons, for my bad personal experience and advice from Upscaleadio

Maybe I dont get your tastes (thick and real?). I like transparent and detailed (natural sounding). I would audition (in your price range): Martin Logan ESL X, Tannoy Eaton, maybe some Magnapans or KEFs or Lii Songs. I tend to always enjoy electrostatics and concentric dynamic more than other designs. I have older Martin Logan Source connected to my (older) Prima Luna Prologue amp and really like them. I also have your Grado headphones, but rarely listen to headphones, and prefer my (more expensive) HiFiman HE6 planar-magnetic phones anyway.

Audio Solutions FIGARO L. I have a pair of FIGARO and they sound fantastic with most genres of music

Proac D30RS would be glorious! The voicing of the speakers are mid-range focussed, with sweet highs from ribbon tweeters. The bass, though sufficient, can be supplemented by Rel subwoofers (if possible). If you like lots of bass, you can try D48 speakers, whose sound is big, and all encompassing. I have had both and I miss my D30RS 😢.