Sparkler CD Player or Transport?

Hi all-

I’m trying to put together a system that needs to tuck into a shallow cabinet.  The new Sparkler 515 player or transport seems perfect.  Has anyone heard this yet (and compared it to the 503 which it replaces?). I’m also wondering if I am better off  with the player or with running the transport into an R2R DAC (Border Patrol appeals to me because of its size).  I’m sort of leaning toward the player because of the simplicity of a single box.. Amplification is Wyred4Sound and speakers are Harbeth P3ESR.

I only play redbook cd.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Margot

mcanaday

If you want a half size unit that is a bona fide reference class cdp or transport+ stand-alone DAC, check out CYRUS. They have your all in one or separates options. 
here is the link for their all-in-one cd player that will be an upgrade to the SPARKLER

highly recommended

“…, The CDi XR is designed as a reference integrated CD player, building on the legacy of the CDi and incorporating many novel technologies developed in-house at Cyrus over recent years. Housed within our iconic half-width chassis, The CDi-XR sits alongside above the existing CDi and CDt models, offering a substantive performance upgrade...”

Hello, I have the Sparkler S515 and could not be more satisfied with the operation and sound. I chose the integrated player as it incorporates their latest D/A processor.

I use this with Sparkler's S501 headphone(pre) amp and HiFiMan Arya headphones. The sound is fantastic - very neutral, no noise, great imaging, and no digital glare. It's lively without being warm or bright.

I believe it represents great value, and I really like the aesthetic. Note: the player does have a small power unit that sits beside or behind the player.