Spades terminations into spring load trminal

I just bought a pair of bi wire speakers cables at a very good price and they should arrive shortly. The problem i'm going to encounter is the amplifier ends are terminated in spades and I'm using a vintage Sansui receiver with spring load terminals. What is the best way to connect the two without removing the spades ? Can one end of the spades inserted in suffice ? I dont want to remove the spades because if I dont like the sound I can resell the cables a lot faster with the spade terminations in place. Thanks for any advise.
128x128audiogabby

Showing 1 response by m297904

As others have said, the "half spade" into the terminal wil work but not very well. It really is a "kludgy" way of doing it.
If you do not want to modify the cables, I like the option suggested by Hifihvn best. The problem is that the spring contact counts on the deformation of the wire to create a good contact surface. The solid pin will not deform and you are left with a very small point of contact. It is better than sticking the spade in there, but not by much.

Really, the best connector is no connector. Cut off the spade and stick the wire into the terminal. That connection will be electrically and mechanically secure.
hth