Sound of OTL Amps

Trying to get the collective wisdom out there on OTL's. Does OTL's approach the "live sound" better than SET's or the bridged design of the BAT's power amps ? I guess it depends on what aspect of the illusion of live one is looking for. But let's say it was clarity and transparency, which technology is best. Suppose it was the magical midrange - does this mean SETs is automatic winner. For those who own OTL's, why do you prefer these to, say, a 15 Watt SET.
et

Showing 1 response by superclamp040b

Mr ET, Europe on the line, I have heard too many amps to mention, but lets stick to your question. I own Atma-Sphere MA 2 OTL's, and they give me the most incredible sound in my system. SET's sound soo nice, but in my opinion always seem to be restricted in frequency.. it's mostly the midrange which is to die for, and set's with low power need comfortable speakers for them ! Please audition a pair of M-60 Atma-Sphere amps, for the money, they cant be beaten. Check out the Atma-Sphere website, there is an Owners group site, somebody will surely want you to demonstrate their M-60 amp. And it also comes in a Kit ! Take your chance to listen to these OTL's... Enjoy.