Sound card recommendation

I want to transfer some of my LPs to CD. What is a good sounding ADC sound card for doing that work? I only have a few LPs to transfer and am not interested in the Alesis Masterdisc.
128x128macdonj

Showing 4 responses by tstan7777

Depending on what connections and features you might want, there are several choices.

M-Audio makes decent stuff for the money. There a couple to choose from between $100 and $200. I use one of their cards based off the delta 66 sound card, but I write music so you might not need all the features. E-mu can make decent stuff too. They were bought out by soundblaster a few years ago, but they left them alone mostly.

If you use a laptop or want to be portable they make usb or firewire interfaces that would work. Don't know what you want the card to do. Digidesign even makes a flash drive size interface that has a 1/8" headphone out.
Search for this

ART USBPhonoPlus v2 Computer Audio Interface
musicians friend has a bundle with some nice software specifically for the task for $150 I think.
He was techicanlly asking about soundcards, but being on a laptop the echo card is about the only option in terms of true cards. Otherwise, he'll need an "audio interface" whether it be usb or firewire.