Sonus faber lumin v or sonetto iii

I am going to listen to these speakers at my local audio store.Anyone have insight on these two speakers.

bigmac1963

I was able to hear a direct comparison of Lumina V vs Sonetto VIII at a dealer.  Importantly, both speakers were played on the same exact system; all we did was swap out the speakers. The sound of Lumina V was so close to the Sonetto VIII that I would be hard pressed to pay twice the money for the Sonetto. One thing I noticed about the Lumina V is how much bass impact they get out of them with kick drums and the like. They were being powered by a Michi X5 integrated amp.

I had the Sonetto 5 for a while. Beautiful midrange, a bit rolled off on the highs. I can’t speak for the 3’s but they extended low enough that you could turn off the subwoofer and be satisfied. As someone else mentioned the sonetto outperformed the lumina pretty clearly, and as you move up the line you get more refinement, better parts etc. Sonetto may be the sweet spot. Build quality is excellent, they definitely have high WAF. You can listen to these speakers all day. Downside for me is they are a 90db 4ohm speaker so partner with the right amplifier(s), and eventually I just got interested in a kore engaging & dynamic speaker. That’s my $0.02