sonus faber electa amator iii or magico A1 or any other suggestion

Hi,

I'm a bit confused and undecided about which book shelf speakers to choose. Till now I've heard magico A1 live and Proack k1 live, both of them were fantastic, but i think majico A1, in my opinion, sounds better. Unfortunately, i can not listen to the sonus faber elcata amator III it in my country, i can order them, but can't hear them live. I've heard them on video in youtube and i have to say that they seem to be very interesting. Can anyone please advice me, what is the better choice between those two loudspeakers or suggest on any other bookshelf speaker at the price of approximately 10.000$.

Thanks a lot. 

If its important for the decision, I'm planning to buy a vac phi 170 iQ monoblocks. Thanks again.
128x128haimr
@henry201 You know what they say about people who make assumptions. I have heard the A3’s and many Rockport models. The A3’s were not impressive. The upstream gear has a lot to do with the speakers presentation, but a hot tweeter is always a hot tweeter...and IMO almost all beryllium tweeters tend to lean that way...The term ’beryllium bite’ is something I guess you have never heard of.
@daveyf
No, I must say, I have never heard of the term.
Is that coming from the same source as the term ’lit up’? It sounds like a "don’t" list from a juvenile delinquent center 🤣
Thankfully, the Be tweeter in my A5 never bit me, nor did it lit up anything yet 😎
Hey,

I heard the Magico A1 several times, I did not hear the Sonus Faber speakers.

You will need to buy grills for the A1 and a healthy amplifier, that can withstand at least 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms, ֱas the speakers are very low efficiency (82 db).

The bass of the A1 is excellent, as is the treble which lacks a bit of openness. The speakers have a hollow in the upper mid-lower treble area (2-4 thousand Hz), which makes the sound a bit backward. The sound is smoothly extended, a very good speakers that require thought and money investment.
@henry201  Sorry that you were offended by my opinion of the Beryllium tweeter.  At least you did finally disclose that you own the Magico A5...and so your posts now are more understandable. Oh, and you speak of being juvenile....LOL.
@daveyf  No worries, I am not offended by fiction, as you can read from others who actually heard the A1, your ‘opinion’ is in the minority...