So Many Choices - PCords for Digital Sources?

I know there are many threads on Power Cords and how to choose them. I am trying to make the best decision on replacing the stock PC's on 3 of my digital sources. They include:

Oppo BDP 83 Blu Ray Player
Arcam DV 139 Multi Player
Benchmark DAC 1

Here are the factors most important to me in the decision:

Cost - Good value for quality on PC ($100-250 range)

Quality - PC will make my equipment better sounding, lower noise floor on digital equipment, quality made

Sound Improvement - PC that will improve the overall sound of my system

Other equipment in my system includes the following:

ATI 3007 7 Channel Amp - 300W
Integra DTC 9.9 Processor
Usher BE 718 Monitors - Front & Rears
Usher BE Center Channel
60" Pioneer Elite Plasma

All plugged into a PS Audio Power Plant Premier Conditioner
Dedicated 20 Amp Circuit for electronics and Video only

Any Suggestions on Power Cords based on my criteria above? My goal is to have a great sounding system at a reasonable price. No $1,000 PC's on a $599 dollar player.

Thanks,

Toddsgear
toddsgear

Showing 2 responses by wadia150

Also if you did a test going back and forth you could not tell me tell me which is the stock cord against the hi end cord on a consistent basis. Trust me i have got good ears for an old fart and my guys that work at my store are twenty years younger and are very experienced listners we do these kinds of test on all kinds of products all the time. I dont get all this stuff better leading edge more palpable it is so funny to read all this stuff. Once capacitors in power supplies of audio equipment are charched that is it. You cant hear the transfer of electricity. You have got to understand would ATI give you a power cord that would limit current of their amp!
Power cords are the last thing you should ever worry about.Especially for home theater have you tried room treatments,speaker placement,getting cables of the ground.I have a very expensive system and bought into the power cord thing not really any difference for the money. Yes they look better big deal.Most of your equipment is not capapble of drawing enough current to really need a bigger power cord. Even the cheapest cords that come with equipment are capable of 20 amp current capacity .Also since you have dedicated lines which is a great upgrade you will hear no difference I cant believe our industry this is one of the downfalls which i think is part of the demise of hi end.I have worked in the hi end idustry for 20 years and i dont sell power cords.In fact if you ask most desighners they recomend you stick with their supplied cord. I use a cat ultimate preamp the desighner Ken Stevens says in the manuel not to use other power cords because it can effect the sound in a negative way. Save your money buy a turntable and a nice preamp,integrated Primaluna, Vincent, Pathos great products and not expensive and seperate two channel from your home theater in the same room. The preamp section in a Integra piece is not optimized for music. You have got a great dac. The bench is one of the best values in audio.You actually arent hearing what it is capable of with your current setup Im not trying to be rude Ati and Itegra are great for theater but not for music.I also like the Usher speakers to you need to hear how they would sound in a good two channel setup. You hear that home theater will be your second love.