So I just bought an Accuphase C-200

What do I need to be aware of? What can I expect? Are there any mods that need to be done to it?

I've just heard such wonderful things about this pre and I'm really excited to get it and put it in my system. Right now, I'm running a McIntosh C45 thats on loan from a friend of mine.

Love to hear your opinions!
neway317

Showing 1 response by neway317

So I just got it in... And WOW.. .this is just an amazing amp! I immediately noticed a difference! I was using a McIntosh C45 the neutrality of this amp is phenomenal! Albeit though, just to be fair, it slightly on the brighter side for the mid/high ranges (like the higher end of a violin or a lyre.)

But one issue though that i was a lil confused about and I hope you current owners can help.. When I first set up my system, I plugged my CD Player into AUX 1 and I heard nothing, so then I plugged it into my Tuner slot and it played like normal, (listening values at about the 11 o'clock range on the volume knob.)

Then I tried the AUX 1 and 2 again, and cranked it up all the way till the max to get a faint output. So then I realized it wasn't broken..

But What are AUX 1 and 2 used for if its sensitivity is so low?

BTW, the phono stage sounds AMAZING... and I mean at pretty much a $100 over the cost of my Musical Surroundings Phonomena, You really can't go wrong with this pre amp.