Should I buy the B&W 804d's or 805d's

Has anyone heard both speakers? I have the older 805's now along with a B&W sub. I could go either way.
rceledinas

Showing 5 responses by rceledinas

My issue is that the room is pretty small and really and floor speakers might look a little overbearing. That being said, if there was a huge difference in the 804d vs the 805d with a sub I would have to give this some serious consideration.
Ok I called dealers in NYC and Boston yesterday and spoke with some very informative personnel. Both said the 804d's would be better since they were three way rather than two. Cant go wrong with either.
I went with the 804d's based on conversations with dealers around the country and just my gut that a three way might produce a fuller range of sound than a two way. I also wanted to make sure that my upgrade from the old 805's would be noticeable, especially in 2 channel. I am very happy with the 804d's so far, the music seems to be slightly better in the mid range and bass. In addition, the new diamond tweeter in the 800d series is just awesome. Honestly I probably would have been happy with either the new 804d or 805d, especially if my primary purpose was HT and the bass was being supplemented by a sub. My older 805's were moved to a second 2 channel system and in my opinion they are a bargain in the used marketplace, especially when you compare their price to a new pair of 805d's.
Currently running an Anthem D2 with an A5 amp, looking at potentially moving to a Classe 800 or McIntosh 150 with their corresponding 5 channel amps. Not that there is anything wrong in any way with my Anthem gear.

Thoughts?