Shortening my short list – Thiel 3.6 vs VMPS rm30?

You've all been incredibly helpful in creating my speaker short list. Because I live in a remote rural area and don't have the luxury of auditioning speakers, I'm depending on the opinions/experiences of Audiogoners. So, without further ado... Thiel 3.6's or VMPS rm 30's? Rowland Coherence pre, Edge M4 power & Vandersteen powered sub in a "hard" room with a listening distance of 8-9 ft from speakers. Thanks in advance.
panheadrt
I can't usually get a powered sub to blend seamlessly with satellite speakers and I have tried.

But another great option for a small room is a pair of the svelte Silverline Prelude speakers... Their high efficiency makes them easy to drive and they don't need a sub unless you're a true bass freak. Right now I'm driving mine with an ASL 1003DT tube amp (30Wpc) and they sound just marvelous in my smaller listening room. My VMPS, on the other hand have too much bass for the small room and can overload it easily.
You might be amazed at how monitors sound with a sub but nowhere near as IMPRESSED by the large full body experience of a VMPS, and you wont have the hassle that integrating a sub may give you.
As a VMPS owner myself (FF3SRE) I can tell you that the VMPS models make the room much less of an issue then many other models...........I think you will be all smiles.
I vote against the RM30, i had a pair and the build quality, resale value and bass response is sub par. They also miss midrange bloom.

Cheers