Shocked removed spikes, used blue tack, what other non spike footer

My floor standing speakers, monitor stands always came with spikes so I used them always, it's the way they were designed at least I thought. I know everyone can't do this because of there floor type, mine is hardwood over concrete slab. Bass, more natural tone( I'm a tone junkie)  gives the music a nice rhythm, may just be flavor of month but I'm really enjoying it. Highs maybe little rolled off, I just did it yesterday, maybe not as hifi, but no lose of information. Have other people experienced this.Can someone with my floor type suggest a nice reasonable priced non spiked footer, these are floorstander filled with shot so pretty heavy,maybe 70- 80 lb. thanks

paulcreed

Almost all competent isolation devices and systems use springs in some form or another so the only reason I can think of why someone would disparage cryogenically treated springs is out of desperation and/or ignorance of physics and strength of materials.

Geoff, you misunderstood my statement (again). I was attempting to make a point where a spring that is cryo’d provides an increase in performance but will not hold a candle in sonic when compared to a product costing in the thousands of dollars. And just so you are aware, we have a lot of experience using cryogenics as well.

We notice you use of the word “desperation or as an act of desperation” is stated often when put on the defense but I’m guessing we’ll call this one a simple misunderstanding.

R

Post removed 
Geoff,

I told you 3 years ago we have a seismologist on staff...you are older now than you were back then.

You cannot isolate a seismic wave.
Without shear motion or a shear wave there cannot be a compressive wave.
A voice coil's initial motion is a polarity of shear the other polarity travels on and thru the material. The air that travels that material in motion is what you hear. The shear velocity and motion of that material is what causes the air to vibrate. There is first shear motion only and then the molecular motion of the air that follows. Super hard materials sound just like that. A little goes a long way. The materials we prefer the sound of, have a shear velocity closer to the speed of sound in air. Ceramic not being of sound mind or sound ear. Lot more for you to find out.

The LIGO is mechanically grounded to Earth. Tom

Tom
“LIGO is mechanically grounded to Earth.”

>>>>>>No, actually it’s not. You haven’t been paying attention. LIGO must be at least 99.999% mechanically decoupled from Earth to be sensitive enough to detect gravity waves. I trust your boss is not paying the seismologist very much. By the way, We never see your “seismologist” post here. Is she the shy type? Is she a ghost? 👻
Post removed