Shelter 90X Tracking Force

What is the best for the 90X. I a full blown LP-12/Ittok LV II arm. I am currenlty tracking at 1.9 gm based on my dealer recommendation.
xagwell

Showing 2 responses by mre2007

I used this trick to measure my VTF last night and it works well. Now, if I only could find a way to determine if my arm is parallel to my table for VTA purposes. The only way I can seem to even get close is look at the angle between the front of my cartridge and the record when the needle is on the record. (i.e. don't look at the cartridge head-on, but from the side) I have a RB300 arm and I don't see how people can tell if the arm is straight, when we're talking about fractions of degrees... I tried to put my bubble level on top of my tonearm near the cartridge, but this didn't seem to give me an accurate reading... not sure why, but even though my table was level, the bubble-level on top of the arm wouldn't produce a level setting that "looked level"...
Doug,

Thanks for your reply. I guess reading the Rega manual was a waste of time too ;) I guess the fustration is finding "neutral VTA", which I thought was achieved when achieved when the tonearm is parallel to the record surface... I was going to then use this as a starting point... I'm still trying to get to this starting point ;) I'll keep at, but thanks for your reply.

-Marc