Sennheiser HD 650's thin sounding?

Just received a new pair of HD650's to replace my dead HD580's and they sound so thin!!!

I'm using a Headroom home headamp with a NAD 542 CD, Kimber PBJ's and stock HD650 cable.

What is the deal with these phones? My 580's had much more bottom end slam and bloom in the mid bass? Is it a burn in issue or defective phones? Anyone have a similar issue?
loftus85

Showing 2 responses by janeb

Interesting posts.. I was beginning to think I was deaf.. my Senn 600's basically sound like c..ap. With the Musical Fidelity X Can they really are garbage compared to a decent system. I'm not sure if it is the X-Can or the combo, BUT they are so weak that i think any real listener has to be basically tone-deaf if they are recommending these 'cans as anywhere near hi-end! All those reviewers who think that these cans sound good should listen to my system and then tell me that. Pity as I think the Senn's are well made and they do feel nice to wear.
Spiritualized, I'm pretty sure that your'e right regarding the X-can. I noticed today that the latest version has been removed from the market. I have come to believe that all Musical Fidelity gear is nothing more than mid-fi at best.
Yesterday, I heard a pair of MF Titan's at a friends... they were a joke, my friend is taking them back as soon as he can. Overpriced total garbage as far as I could tell!