Schroeder model 2 or Morch DP6?

Has anyone out there listened to both of these tonearms? Or even better, have you listened to them in the same system? Dougdeacon, if you are out there, I am betting you have heard them both in your "shootout". I am interested in the sonic differences in the 2 arms. I know the Schroeder 2 sells for about $2200-$2300 new, but how much does the DP6 sell for new?
slowhand

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

WOW,DOUG!VTA for every record!That is the way to go,but I'm too lazy for that one.I DO give you credit as it clearly makes a difference.

Case in point--after J.Valin was talking about Alicia Delarocha's pedal work,and sustain,on the London pressing,of the Montsalvedge Pno. Cto,I checked to see if I had it.I did,so I scoped out the exact passage,he alluded to.It was way dry sounding,and thin.This,just after I had tuned for vta,using my usual LP's.I then adjusted vta,again,for this disc,and all was superb,yet my other discs were thrown off.

Different cutting heads and other variables clearly can alter vta(as I'm sure you know),but what a pain in the tush!Yet it is the way to go,if one is really serious.

I did have an acquaintance who had a HUGE vinyl collection(all the early stuff,on every label)and it was his arm that really got my envy going,BIG TIME.He had the Air Tangent,but unlike my pal Sid,he had the version which had a remote control for electronically setting vta,with a digital numerical readout.He had each lp's vta setting marked on the inner sleeve of ALL his "thousands" of discs.GOD,that IS what I'd die for.Believe me,all my little misgivings,about what arm sounds "this way,or that way" would fly out the window,if I could have that "masterpiece".Only problem--It cost about 13 grand,and I believe it may now be extinct.Yet it was NO Dinosaur!!

Anyway I'd be willing to bet you are in better shape than that guy!!All he had to do was push bottons,from his chair,but we get a full cardio workout!