SACD Audio Equipment

I AM SOLD ON THE SACD FORMAT. MY CD PLAYER THE CALIFORNIA AUDIO ICON MKII IS A GREAT SOUNDING CD PLAYER BUT THE DEPTH I HEARD FROM THIS NEW FORMAT PLEASES ME SO MUCH ITS TIME TO UPGRADE TO THIS NEW FORMAT. THOSE WHO APPRECIATE THE SACD FORMAT PLEASE SUGGEST A SACD PLAYER FOR MY NEW SYSTEM. I PLAYING MARTIN LOGAN PRODIGY SPEAKERS WITH A MARK LEVINSON NO. 336 AMP AND AUDIO RESEARCH LS1 PREAMP. MY NEXT UPGRADE WILL ENCLUDE A NEW PREAMP, BUT FOR NOW I AM CONSIDERING A SACD PLAYER.
electrostaticman
While I believe the 333ES 5 disc changer is a great value for the money $575 (and can be modded for about another $350) its my opinion that your system deserves better. I would either look for a deal on a 777ES or SCD-1 or maybe even better yet wait it out until the new multi-channel 777 unit appears in late August or September...
Try the new Pioneer DVAX-10 it kills!!! It also plays SACD, DVD-Audio 2 & 6 channel, CDRW, CDR, DVD Progressive output,
has a 24/192 dual coax DIGITAL OUTPUTS (Note: a 3rd cable must be connected to enable the 24/192 digital output). The unit weighs over 50# and the build quality is even better than the Sony SCD-1!! It also has BALANCED output jacks! Check it out if you can find one.
You could get a proggressive scan dvd and sacd player in one unit that is pretty damn good... The sony dvp-s9000es and it only retails at $1500. In which i'm sure you could find at a lessor cost. And an extra---it looks awesome too.