SACD

SACD sounds better right???
all of my stuf flooded 4’ 4 days.
i have no money but I am replacing a headphone setup and I feel I must have in CD player SACD because it sounds much better, am I right?????? Help!!
128x128jimmycg
SACD only sounds better .....sometimes.   Most of mine don't/or sound as good as CD
Sorry about your loss. I would be devastated. Sacds sound great, but what did you have that you lost? Vinyl? CDs? I believe that, in all formats, some sound good and some don't. I have some great sounding CDs. If you are replacing CDs, I would research how they were recorded and transferred to SACD. Some sound no different than CDs. Some blow you out of the water! Check some reviews of the sacds, and cherry pick the good sounding ones. All the others you could probably get really cheap and save alot of money. And...a good DAC goes a long way...

If you are asking whether your CD player should decode SACDs, then it probably should -- but most better CD players will.

If you are asking whether it makes sense to concentrate on SACD playback or SACDs, then don't bother. It is largely a dead format. DSD decoding is worthwhile in a DAC but don't think your question is oriented toward that.