roland 501's vs ps audio gcc 500

has anyone heard these or compared the 2. I am looking into getting a class d amp for a second system and would love any feedback. I just found a pair of kef 104.2 (bi wire version) which were my first pair of speakers when I was 13 so I want to try something fun to go with them. Any help would be much appreciated.
billyg1

Showing 1 response by dcstep

Assuming that you can afford either, then the Rowland is the way to go. Just look at the chassis to see that it's totally different class. I've owned both brands and, while the PS Audio is good, the Rowland goes way beyond.

My question for you is, do you need 500 watts for those KEFs? Depending on room size, might you get by with a Rowland 102 or two 201s, giving you 100 or 200-wpc. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for power (I've got 1000 wpc into 4 ohms), but given that this is a second system and the room might be smaller, then you might go with less power.

Keep in mind, the Rowlands are good enough to try in your main system, so do that when you get the second system bits gathered up.

Dave