Rogue Metis pre amp

I'm getting a rogue Metis next week, anyone out there using this with good results? In a few reviews it says it's loud. Not sure what that means but I'm sure it will be better than my 20 year old solid state.
fruff1976

Showing 6 responses by fruff1976

I'll be pairing it with a Classe CA-300 power amp and Usher 6381's. I'm replacing a Classe cp-35, which is about 20 years old. I'm assuming it can't be any noisier than that one.
Yes indeed it is noisy. It sounds like the Vegas strip in my listening room now. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I was expecting a little noise but there is a very audible buzzing and humming from as far back as 10-15ft.
I don't think it's a ground issue because I've tried all ways to correct that including cheater plugs etc.
Noisy as in buzzing/humming/ combination of noise that is distracting. Sort of like the sound of a refrigerator but maybe a little more high pitched.
UPDATE: I took it back to the dealer and he confirmed their was a problem with it. Rogue agreed to send an new one immediately. The customer service from Rogue and my dealer has been outstanding regarding the matter. I'll have to see how this one turns out.
UPDATE: I received a new pre from Rogue and have to say I'm very impressed. As assumed, it isn't the most quiet unit in the world but it does sound very, very good. Customer service is top notch too.