Rogers HG88 Mk II OR Leak Stereo 20

Morning all, just want some thoughts on either the Rogers HG88 Mk II OR Leak Stereo 20... they would be powering Rogers LS3 5/a or Spendor BC1's with  Linn LP12 With Ittok LV II Tone Arm with Shure V15 Type III Cartridge and JICO Stylus....
w7676
Oh, that's the earlier ugly one...

From the repair receipt it will still require a real refurbishment/going over.

Another thing to think about is the phono section if you are planning on using it.

The stock phono sections in my vintage Eico and Pilot integrated EL84 amps were/are not very good by modern standards (or by 1980's standards either).

If you look @ my listed system you will see that I use nice (I think) older, but not high end gear and though somewhat picky I'm happy with the sound of my <$200 Musical Fidelity V-LPS phono preamp.

If you go for a 20 what are you planning on using for a line/phono preamp?

You have not mentioned budget, but this all adds up as we both know.

DeKay

Bingo… you’ve given me the answer I thought I had in my gut!!! Haha. I love my phono stage In my sugden a21 and a48 which I re worked with modern components..: and some new fish caps so thinking I’d want something valve but with a good phono stage … will take a look a look at your setup …. These always an option of using an older luxman with the their options as a just a pre amp??