Review: Meitner MTR-101 Amplifier

Category: Amplifiers

Meitner 101- Comes with completely enclosed mahogany cabinet, multi rod cooling fins. Very high quality parts and meitner power supply technology used in these units. Excellent electrical characteristics afford very tight bass with huge reserve power for dynamics found in classical music. Warm to neutral midrange, that is controlled and not irritating. Wonderful soundstage, picking up most details of more complex music. The size does not dictate performance. Power handling doesn't tell the story. These are fantastic amps, still being serviced by the designers, Ed Meitner and John Wright. Can now be found at EMM Labs at 403-225-4161.
tupperz

Showing 1 response by tomr1

I owned a pair of meitner 101's many years ago,driving a pair of b&w 801's.My impressions were that these amps had a
good solid base line,not krell,levinson or the like but still deep with excellent resolution.The mid range was very
natural with sufficient detail and depth, not exceptional
or in aleague with classe or bat.The high end was a little
rounded at the extremes but did have a very decent amount of
air and space.I have progressed to classe omega mono's since then with stints of classe omicron,bat vk500& 1000's
the meitners did not have the ultimate resolution of some of the aforementioned amps nor the blackness or air or stage
of them but, still remember these amps being very good.