Revel Salon2 vs. B & W 802D vs. Wilson W.P.7?

Which speakers are a better fit with Lexicon LX-7, Lexicon MC-12 EQv5, Lexicon RT-20?
goocher

Showing 1 response by brianmgrarcom

We all can believe, and post, what we want, but for me there are a few things that have been said that don't match my experience...

...the WP 7 has a titanium tweeter which suffers from resonance problems that will drive you out of the room with grainy gear like this. Buy something with a mellow silk-dome tweater...

Why not replace the grainy gear if this is truely the case rather than mask it? I have heard silk dome tweeters plenty hot, it is how it is implemented. I have never had a resonance problem listening to the W/P 7's that gave me the desire to run from the room.

WP’s needing a serious front end (which seems to be confirmed by everyone who owns them)

Who are these people you allude to confirming this claim.

Wasn't it Wilson himself who "tricked" people at a show while demoing WATT/Puppy's by using a very inexpensive front end?

Anyway, I have owned 802D's and own WATT/Puppy 7's and the choice is easy for me between those two. I do not have experience with the Revels, but what I have read seems positive.