Replacing Rotel RSX-1056

I'm looking for a replacement for a Rotel RSX-1056. This is an older HT receiver that lacks HDMI connectivity. I use the 1056 in junction with a Rotel RB-1080 amp in a 7.1 setup.

My main reason in upgrading are two fold. Firstly, I want to add HDMI support and the ability to do the new lossless audio modes. Secondly, the receiver is having issues with the volume control. The system is used about 80% for music, and 20% HT video. My main audio source is a home theater PC which I have connected to the RSX-1056 via coax digital cable. The Receiver decodes the digital audio.

I'm strongly considering an NAD T 757 since it seems to be one of the few audio-centric receivers. I also like the clean simplistic controls. I don't need all the bells and whistles (network connections, streaming support, etc). I just want a great sounding receiver that is easy to setup and use.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit, or have any suggestions for something in the 1K price range. I've also considered the Denon 3313ci, and the Marantz SR5007.

Thanks
mustangjeff
Wait, the RB-1080 is a two channel amp. How are you using this is a 7.1 HT arrangement? Please clarify.

Yes I have the RSX-1057 (almost the exact same model) and have had it for several years. So far am still enjoying it immensely. Using an RMB-1075 multi-channel amp for power(120 watts/ch/continuous into 8 ohms x 5). I don't use the HDMI circuits in the RSX-1057 for any reason as I connect my Marantz Blu-ray player directly to my Sony Bravia TV using HDMI. Really no need for HDMI circuits in a receiver when you think about it. Seems like a waste. I too am considering upgrading to a Rotel RSP unit since I'm not using the amps in the RSX. I would also like to take advantage of the latest audio formats and circuitry but my 1057 is still performing flawlessly. How old is your 1056? Perhaps you can have the volume control repaired and then invest in a 5 or 7 multi-channel amp.
I must clarify my statement about HDMI circuits in an AVR or Processor. If you have Dolby HD and Master Audio, it is my understanding that then you must use HDMI interconnects for these newest HD formats to perform fully.